Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Communication - ThruErinsEyes

I enjoyed my friend's blog and thought it was a great topic and wanted to talk about it too on my blog. (Hope she doesn't mind!)

Communication


Have you ever thought of this way? .... you know when someone sends you a chain letter where they show you an optical illusion picture that you have to stare hard at it so you will see something else "popping out"? Sometimes we would stare so hard at it that nothing will show up? Until someone points it out to you and then all of sudden you can see the picture!!! It's the same thing with God. Like what my friend said on her blog -- God communicates with us differently...and I love how God reminds us by showing how diverse this world is everyone sees things differently but if you're open to it then you will understand why they see the way they do...


It looks real but you know that it's a chalk design that makes it look like it's there.  

 You know that this is a picture. It's not a video. If you look away, it looks like it's moving but if you look right at it, it doesn't move anymore. Interesting huh?






That's why government and major corporations value diversity because all of us together can meet so many different needs in this world. A world with diverse people is a complete picture for God.  That shows you that God meets all of our needs. Also, it teaches us to step outside of the box and come up with new ideas for our products/services. Along the way, we figure things out a lot faster if we know there might be another shortcut if we use different way of thinking.This helps us to show and learn respect for each other. That creates Harmony in this world.


God uses this to remind us that we need to be open and step outside of the box to be able to see Him. I have so many examples. One of them is the picture of God's I love you sign language on my wedding day...let me give you other examples...I do wish that I could've kept a record of it and document it...but I do remember this in college...


My father came to visit me at RIT for a whole weekend without my mother. It was a big deal. We always depend on my mom for communicating with each other. We were nervous but determined to get along with each other and enjoy each other's company. I've always wanted to be friends with my father and sometimes it's hard because it's either our personalities clash too much or we are too different from each other. There were times where I wanted to give up on our relationship but I couldn't because I love him.


I was praying really hard one night in class when I was watching a student do a presentation. I was spacing out as usual and was talking to God about my upcoming weekend with Dad and how well I want it to go for the both of us. Anyway, in the presentation, there was a picture of the Flat Iron building and as he was talking about it, I became homesick. I remember staring at it and was missing home because I usually go shopping in the area where the Flat Iron bulding was. 


After that night, I forgot about the presentation but I didn't forget about my prayer in class. So when my weekend with my Dad began, we decided to go to downtown Rochester to check out the coffee place - SPOTS. We actually had a nice time, we even talked a little and I felt good. I think he did too. We decided to walk around, it was a beautiful day. We have never been in the area before so we didn't know what to expect. Then, of course, my father points to the building that resembles the flat iron building that was shown in the presentation the other night - immediately I thought - God is saying Hello to me and is reminding me that He heard my prayer.  I never forgot that moment. I don't know why I didn't tell Dad. I guess I was still trying to absorb it myself and didn't want to ruin the moment. It was a great weekend and I will always cherish that memory of us. 


I do remember Dad telling me about the time where he noticed God saying hello too. I think I was 10 years old. And I think he thought it was Jesus because he was reading a religious book and in the chapters there was a picture that looked like a gold feather, it's hard to describe it. Anyway, I was playing a computer game on my old computer from the 90s! And my father was watching me and as I was erasing the white color to see what the picture was behind it and it resembled the one in his book that he showed me. I was like wow, God knows exactly how to communicate with all of us. We just need to be open. 


As, I'm writing this- I received this e-mail and I can't believe how much it fits to this topic!!!  Check it out...






One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior going on.
He sent one of his angels to Earth to look into it.
 
When the angel returned, he told God, "Yes, it is bad on earth;
95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not."
 
God was not pleased, so he decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because
 he wanted to encourage them and give them a little something to help keep them going... 
Do you know what the e-mail said?

 

 
Okay, I was just wondering because I didn't get one either.


Haha, God may not send a direct message to us but where's the fun in that? He's much bigger than words. I find it more fulfilling in looking for Him in the Sunrise, Sunsets, through Friends, Families, etc.

Have fun looking for God, keep your hearts - not your eyes - open for Him :)






3 comments:

  1. WOW Amanda WOW! I am so happy you learned something from my blog and looked back to your cherish memory with your Dad. Do you ever want to tell you Dad this today?

    I can't wait to see you this Friday and just to Hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Amanda, What a beautiful story about you and your Dad. It was a special time for both of you. Have you mom show your dad. I like Erin's blog too.

    I am so glad you had joyous birthday.

    Also please say lots of prayers for my daughter. She had an MRI and now they want to do a CT scan on her chest. The MRI showed swollen optic nerves. They said she does not have MS but have to do further testing. (Very stressful for her mom!). LG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Amanda, I wanted to share this from a talk Richard Rohr did in 2006 about celebrating mystery and newness:

    "Whenever I think there's a perfect pattern, further reading and study reveal an exception. Whenever I want to say "only" or "always," someone or something proves me wrong. My scientist friends have come up with things like "principles of uncertainty" and dark holes. They're willing to live inside imagined hypotheses and theories. But many religious folks insist on answers that are always true. We love closure, resolution and clarity, while thinking that we are people of "faith"! How strange that the very word "faith" has come to mean its exact opposite.

    People who have really met the Holy are always humble. It's the people who don't know who usually pretend that they do. People who've had any genuine spiritual experience always know they don't know. They are utterly humbled before mystery. They are in awe before the abyss of it all, in wonder at eternity and depth, and a Love, which is incomprehensible to the mind. It is a litmus test for authentic God experience, and is — quite sadly — absent from much of our religious conversation today. My belief and comfort is in the depths of Mystery, which should be the very task of religion."


    Have an awesome day! LG

    ReplyDelete