Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (BIBLE)

When I was younger, the Bible didn't make ANY sense to me at all. It was so intimidating. I was frustrated because it wasn't clear and direct to the point for me to understand it. I realized that it takes time and patience to "get it", the Bible has been coming more and more alive to me as I grow up learning about Jesus. Sometimes getting the right book and right Bible helps.

It's amazing how I see people have faith in things and how they trust others but they refuse to trust in God.  I thought of this analogy, let me know what you think of it and if it makes sense!

My best friend who knows me so well that she recommends this awesome recipe that she tried, she says its so good that it will be my favorite dish. I trust her because she knows that I'm a picky eater and how much I enjoy chicken and cheese. She warns that it will take a long time to cook it and that I must follow each step with patience or otherwise it won't turn out the way it should.    Now, understand this. I have never seen this dish before, I have no idea how it's going to taste or look. I'm taking a leap of faith and trusting in her that this will come out awesome.  I followed it step by step and ta-da! I made a beautiful chicken smothered in my favorite cheese and she was right! It was delicious and it is my favorite dish!!!

You get the idea. Jesus is my best friend and He has shown us how to live on Earth and He promised us that if we follow His word, we will live an eternal life and Heaven will be our reward! The best part is that if we make a mistake and sin, He will forgive us.  We also have to forgive others as He forgives us.  If we don't believe in our best friend and don't follow the step each way, then we should not expect our dinner the way it should be. God is in control but we have the free will to decide if we want to follow it or not.

God is seen through us...many people have hard time understanding that because they think in order to know Him, they have to see Him as an individual but His presence is everywhere. If you believe, you will notice it.

I also want to take this opportunity to say this... these blogs I'm writing on this websites are my feelings, opinions and interpretations of the Bible that I want to share with my family and friends and it is not intended to judge anybody. Anything you do or say is between You and God, not me.  I have learned to accept that everybody's different from me and that nobody's right or wrong.  I also want to learn how to be open minded too.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

This is not all...there's still so much more to say but will take my time to share it with all of you :)

39 more days til Easter!!!

1 comment:

  1. I might have mentioned this to you before "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." It is true because God love all of us so we shall love our neighbor as much we love ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete